Harvest Monday, Nov. 29, 2010

We just got back from a fabulous Thanksgiving trip to Monterey with son Scott, his wife Nicole, and our three granddaughters. I’ll post photos from that trip later. But first, Harvest Monday. Not much to report, I’m afraid, as we’ve been out of town. Here it is.

Two small yellow onions and a bunch of kale constitute this week's harvest.

VEGETABLES

4.5 oz. kale

3 oz. yellow onions

Total harvest: 7.5 oz. produce and 3 eggs

To see what others might be harvesting, visit Daphne’s Dandelions.

About Lou Murray, Ph.D.

I'm a professional writer/photographer, avid gardener, and active environmentalist living in southern California. I am retired from writing a weekly newspaper column on environmental topics in the Huntington Beach Independent, but I am still teaching at the Orange County Conservation Corps. This blog chronicles my efforts to live a green life growing as much food as possible for my husband and myself on a 4,500 sq ft yard that is covered mainly by house, garage, driveway, and sidewalks.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Harvest Monday, Nov. 29, 2010

1. mac says:

Looks good, a harvest is a harvest. I didn’t managed to start seeds for kale, oh well, maybe I can try to wintersow them and hope for a spring crop.

2. Madame C says:

Small but very nice harvest, you have got:) Here in Sweden, everything is covered with thick layers of snow:( The gardener (myself) not happy but takes the time to get lazy…

3. Veggie PAK says:

I agree with Mac! A harvest is a harvest! I envy you for the fresh eggs!

4. Robin says:

That’s a nice harvest…and I have to agree with the others. I only harvest 4 scallions and some parsley this week!

5. Daphne Gould says:

Kale seems to be a big one for harvests this week. I love seeing how things change week over week. Pretty harvest.

6. kitsapFG says:

Onions and kale are the start of a good meal! My kale is healthy but not growing much at the moment due to cold and dark/gloomy days. They will spring forth when the sun length and strength starts turning around the other direction but I have about two months of super low greens production to still look forward too.

7. Gela says:

Nice to see what everybody harvest. Have a nice day/Gela